As a hospital committed to upholding the highest international standards, we have taken strict protective measures against COVID-19. Our dedicated team is working around the clock to continuously offer essential healthcare services during the coronavirus pandemic and protect you from COVID-19 infection within hospital premises. The following services and protocols have been introduced to fight the spread of COVID-19 and help you safely get the medical care you need:
- Hand washing stations with liquid soap and hand sanitiser bottles have been made available on every floor.
- Frequently cleaning your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub is one of the best methods of staying safe from COVID-19 infection
- All staff at the hospital is continuously monitored and screened for COVID-19 symptoms to ensure early detection and successful mitigation of a potential outbreak
- A streamlined process has been developed to screen hospital patients and visitors to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission
- Our screening team will follow strict safety protocols to identify individuals that may be carrying the virus and get them to the relevant health authority for testing/treatment.
- All healthcare workers are trained and monitored regularly for best practices in hygiene safety and infection control measures.
- Free ambulance services for admissions
- Our team follows strict safety protocols to provide safe ambulance transfers for admission and treatment at Durdans Hospital. The service is free up to a total journey distance of 100km and is valid until the 31st of December 2020.*
- All public spaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected every 3 hours 24/7 by our hospital staff.
- We have reduced the number of visitors to only two per patient.
- All frontline health workers are equipped with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment to curtail virus spread
- COVID-19 testing
- As a precautionary measure, we provide COVID-19 testing prior to procedures/surgeries based on the consultant’s recommendation.
- COVID-19 testing is also available for outpatients on request for persons travelling overseas, and corporate clients (factory employees).
- We also provide mobile testing for your convenience. For more information or appointments, please contact the lab help desk on 011 2 140 111
*T & C apply
Important Customer Care Numbers
Eye Care: 070 6 288 455
Imaging and Radiology: 070 6 388 455
Gynaecology and Obstetrics:
070 6 488 455
077 7 722 752
Paediatrics: 070 6 588 455
Dental Care: 076 5 344 826
Cosmetics & Dermatology: 070 6 188 455
A&E: 011 2 140 002
Information Hotline: 077 7 488 455
COVID-19 Lab Testing
Lab Help Desk 011 2 140 111
Overseas Travellers: Sewwandi 077 4 951 021
Negombo: 077 3 420 989
Kurunegala: 077 2 674 246
Rathnapura: 077 7 423 602
Anuradhapura: 076 6 596 772
Company And Factories: 070 6 988 455
Travel Agents: 077 4 951 021
Quarantine Centers: 077 2 674 239
Individuals /Direct: 011 2 140 111
The Durdans Protective Entry Procedure
All patients and visitors entering Durdans Hospital will be subjected to the triage process detailed below. Individuals with flu symptoms will not be able to enter the hospital premises for any service and will be directed to the relevant national healthcare authority.