Women encounter unique healthcare needs at different stages in their life. At Durdans Gynaecology and Obstetrics we are dedicated to addressing those needs with holistic and proactive care. Receive informed care in a private and friendly setting under an experienced team of consultant specialists (Gyn & Obs) and nurses.
We work with a multidisciplinary team to offer medical and surgical treatment for a wide range of conditions including:
- Menstruation issues
- Hormone disorders
- Menopausal disorders
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Premalignant conditions
- Uterine fibroids
- Interstitial cystitis
- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract
- Fertility issues
We are Sri Lanka’s first private sector tertiary maternity care provider with 50+ years of experience delivering trusted, multi-specialty care. We harness the strength of 18 specialisations and multiple medical centres of excellence, including the industry-leading Durdans Heart Centre, to deliver safe care for mothers and newborns with complex needs.
- Trusted Emergency Care
Managed by specialised experienced staff, our in-house blood bank and neonatal and adult Intensive Care Units follow strict safety protocols to deliver comprehensive emergency obstetrics and newborn care 24/7.
- Private Delivery Suites
Give birth in the privacy and comfort of our individual labour rooms which are complete with all amenities.
- Internationally Accredited
We are Sri Lanka’s first JCI accredited hospital – the international gold standard for patient safety and healthcare quality. So, you can trust our commitment to delivering quality care in a safe environment.
- Advanced Pain Management
Our in-house team of pain medicine specialised doctors and nurses are available to ensure around-the-clock pain relief.
- Modern Diagnostic Services
Our Radiology and Imaging Department and island-wide laboratory network use cutting-edge technology to provide fast and accurate results.
- Multidisciplinary team
We provide holistic care in partnership with experienced physiotherapists, dieticians, psychotherapists, and over 20 other medical departments.
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Support
From prenatal education and awareness to postpartum therapy and counselling services, home physiotherapy sessions, and nurse visits, our care reaches beyond your hospital stay.
- Pregnancy-safe Cosmetics
Managed by a team of specialist consultants, our state-of-the-art cosmetics clinic delivers safe and effective aesthetic treatments to have mothers feeling their best.
To discuss available maternity packages please feel free to call our dedicated coordinator 070 6 488 455
Learn how to…
- Prepare for your baby’s birth
- Look after and feed your new-born
- Effectively track your baby’s movement during pregnancy
- Identify pregnancy and new-born red flags
- Stay healthy during pregnancy (including tips on safe exercise and nutrition)
- Make a birth plan – considering the different arrangements for labour and birth and the choices available to you
- Cope with pregnancy-related body changes and the options available to combatlabour pains
- The importance of newborn screening tests
The Parentcraft program is held every month at Durdans Hospital. To register for the next session call 077 7 974 479